Online Book Scavenger Hunt
You are going on a scavenger hunt to find books on the worldwide web that you can have access to right at your fingertips! included with these websites are fun activities that go along with the books you read and discover.
Have fun and remember that reading is everywhere!!
Read Aloud Video: Richard Wright and the Library Card
1.Rivet – Click on the link below
- Find the community tab at the top of the page
- Read the book freedom quilt, can click on the words to have them read aloud
If you could make your own quilt, what types of important things would you include on your quilt to show your own story?
- Explore the website and read 3 more books!
2.National Geographic Kids- click on the link below
- Scroll down to the middle of the page and click the science box with the article “ what you need to know about coronavirus” read the article
What is one way you can protect yourself from coronavirus?
Watch 3 more videos on the website and talk about 3 new facts you learned
3. Storyline Online- click on the link below
- Listen to the story, “When a Dragon Moves in” under the just added section on the homepage
Creative writing: Write about what you would do if a dragon was living in your house.
4.Scholastic Read at Home- click on the link below
- Go to Week 1
- Click on daily reading quest
Read an article of your choice from the website then complete one of the reading challenges.
Online Book Scavenger Hunt Activities
Coach Sam’s Riddle:
What did the beach say when the tide came in?
Last Week’s Answer: Nine!