Welcome to Coach Sam’s Virtual Playbook where ideas become our most trusted and valued friends.
Our ideas are unique to each of us, the DNA of our heart and mind. They are with us every day, keeping us company, inspiring us to move past our fears, inspiring us to Dream Big and then Dream Bigger, to have faith in who we are. As you explore the lessons in the Coach Sam’s What Do You With An Idea series, let the magic of your ideas, your dreams, take flight because your ideas will change the world.
Have you ever felt like you always do the right things, but the pressure to be good seems overwhelming? The pressure to make others happy, while still being a kid could make you ‘crack’ like an egg. In the story The Good Egg, we learn what life is like as a “Good Egg.” How does he deal with the pressure? How can you do the same in your life?
This lesson consists of:
- Read Aloud Story: The Good Egg
- Two worksheets:
- Writing: Book Connection Activity
- Idioms Worksheet
- Self-Care Challenge
- Extra Reading from This Author!
Read Aloud: The Good Egg, By Jory John
Extra Reading from This Author!:
The Bad Seed:
The Cool Bean:
The Great Eggscape!:
Coach Sam’s Riddle:
What two things can you never have for breakfast?
Last Week’s Answer: A piano!
- How to be a Good Egg
- What to do When You Want to Promote Social Justice?
- Who is Joan Procter?
- Exploring the Scientific Method
- Cultural Exploration
- What to do when You Want to Find the Author’s Point of View
- What to do with/without?
- The Rainbow Fish Read Along
- What to Do When You Can’t Visit the Art Museum
- Online Book Scavenger Hunt
- Healthy Minds & Healthy Bodies
- What Do You Do with an Idea?
- Find Your Something Beautiful